Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Foster the People

As for me, my cup overfloweth
Talk about unexpected blessings….with each new day something new and beautiful comes my way…and I believe that if each of you were to look you too would find that this is true.  Somehow I have been blessed with forming such wonderful relationships and it seems with each new friendship formed, a seed is planted, a perspective is gained, confidence grows, the heart expands, and love presents itself as unconditional.
Just yesterday I was invited to join some of the candidates, Priests, Sisters, and Brothers for a lovely picnic right by Lake Victoria.  The scenery was beautiful, the environment was booming, and everyone was intertwined …it was incredible.  Instead of coming prepared to eat, they brought all the materials needed to prepare the meal.  Each candidate, Sister, Priest, Brother had their own set agenda…the compound broke off into different sections…those preparing the goat meat, pork, fish, matooke, chips, rice, etc…we even were graced with a candidate’s DJing talents, so the music was thriving.  People were playing football, dancing, a few people went for a swim…pictures were taken, jokes were told, and laughter filled the air…”my cup overfloweth”.
When I was on the ride out to the picnic with a coaster full of seminarians yesterday, I sat next to Paul who is the youngest candidate of all present…who wisely told me at 19 years of age…”You have to choose what you want to do with your life, otherwise, someone will choose for you…” Which, as we all know is true, however, how often do these words come to us.  For me, it was a perfect time to reach my ears and enter my heart once again.  His wisdom rekindled me in such a way that I was filled with confidence that I have chosen the right path for my life…if you give, you begin to live.  
I have also tried to make connections with two different local organizations here in Jinja town, I find it vital to form such partnerships with people right here in Uganda…I only pray something beneficial comes from our meetings…however, it seems that I have crossed paths with these two organizations in the same week for a reason! When there is a Will there is a Way.
The women of Ntinkalu have been also blessed with 2 unexpected goats…so now we sincerely are growing! We now have been given 6 pigs and 2 goats…the women are also working towards saving for a dairy cow…they were given 200,000UGX but need between 350,000-400,000UGX for a dairy cow….hopefully we will soon find a way to purchase this beast of potential to generate some small income! It is beyond impressive to see these women come together, to share their ideas, and to watch them work.  They are coming a long way with their crafts as well! I have asked them to try and design mats the size of table mats to try and market a product that could be original to Lazarus Community…I plan on coming home with as many as they can produce and while I am visiting the U.S. in September you all will have an opportunity to directly support Lazarus Community!
May we all support one another!
Many Blessings and Much Love,
Anne Therese
















No comments:

Post a Comment